The chapter meeting will open at 10:30 a.m. EDT with microphones turned on for socializing. The business meeting will begin at 10:45 a.m., followed by the presentation at 11:00 a.m..
Our speaker will be MICHAEL L. STRAUSS, AG. Michael will present “Influenza: The Twentieth Century’s Deadliest Pandemic”
In 1918 with the war raging in Europe a silent deadly killer traveled with the soldiers from the United States over to the war zones in France. Considered America’s deadliest epidemic that killed more people here than the soldiers that lost their lives fighting. As quickly as the virus spread it disappeared by early 1919. Many genealogical and historical records document our ancestors who died or survived this terrible period of our history.
Pre-Registration is required. Click on the link below to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1079696640864388108
Michael is the principal owner of Genealogy Research Network and an Accredited Genealogist since 1995. He is a native of Pennsylvania and a resident of Utah and has been an avid genealogist for more than 40 years. Strauss holds a BA in History and is a United States Coast Guard veteran.
Genealogy Research Network has been in business for more than 25 years in the field of forensic genealogy with offices in Spanish Fork, Utah. We offer forensic research and consulting, project management, organization and transcription services. Additional services include technology based research using a variety of online and local genealogical and historical resources, including, but not limited to vital records, Federal censuses, ship manifests, naturalization, military, and numerous other related genealogical resources and tools.
- Accredited Genealogist by the International Commission of Accredited Professional Genealogist (ICAPGEN), Salt Lake City, UT since 1995.
- Qualified Expert Witness in New York (New York, Bronx, Queens, Kings, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk, West Chester, and Erie Counties)-In Surrogate Court.
- Qualified Expert Witness in New York (Richmond County)-In Supreme Court.
- Qualified Expert Witness in New Jersey (Sussex County) In Surrogate Court.
- Qualified Expert Witness in Pennsylvania (Elk, Butler, and Delaware Counties) In Court of Common Pleas.
- Qualified Expert Witness in Virginia (Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News Counties) In Circuit Court.
- Approved genealogist for the United States Army to locate DNA-qualified family members of MIAs and POWs from WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam.
- Board Member-Utah Genealogical Association-Salt Lake City, UT-Term: 2017-2021.
- President-Virginia Beach Genealogical Society-Virginia Beach, VA-Term: 2012-2015
- Vice President-Virginia Beach Genealogical Society-Virginia Beach, VA-Term: 2009-2012, and Former Member at Large from 2008-2009.
- Faculty Member–Brigham Young University-Provo, UT
Instructor: HIST493R-Family History Research (Summer-2000, 2004, 2008, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019)
- Faculty Member–Samford University-Birmingham, AL
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) (Summer-2010, 2014, 2015, 2016).
- Faculty Member–University of Georgia-Athens, GA
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) (Summer-2017, 2018, 2019, 2020).
- Faculty Member–LaRoche College-Pittsburgh, PA
Genealogy Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) (Summer-2018, 2019).
- Faculty Member–Utah Genealogical Association-Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) Winter, 2018, 2019, 2020).
- Faculty Member-Warren County Community College, Washington, NJ
Non-Credit Course: Genealogy: The Linear Connection (Summer, 2004).
- Teaching Assistant-Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV
HIST438-Soldiers and American Society (Summer-2004, 2005).
ENVS371-Documentation of Historic Properties (Fall, 2005)
- Private Investigator License-Commonwealth of Virginia from 2013-2017-With the Department of Criminal Justice Services ID#99-296113.